Maya IFF Viewer
Plugin for Directory Opus
Allows you to view Maya .IFF files in the Opus viewer pane.
Directory Opus is a file manager for Windows. Read my guide, Getting to know Directory Opus, for an introduction.
The plugin allows you to view Maya .IFF files in the Opus viewer pane. (Note that Maya IFF files are differnet to the Amiga IFF ILBM format which Opus handles internally. The plugin will not break IFF ILBM support and once installed you can view both types of IFF files without doing anything special.)
You may also find the DLL, or the plugin's source, useful if you wish to add Maya IFF support to other programs. I took the iff2tga tool by Luke Tokheim, which is itself based on the Maya IFF for SGI GIMP plugin by Mike Taylor, and made several modifications. See the source code page for more information.
The Maya IFF plugin and source are released under the GPL v2.
|Maya IFF file and thumbnails displayed in Directory Opus.|
- Opus is installed to C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus by default.
- Opus, unless configured otherwise, will continue to run even after all its windows are closed. See: How to Exit Directory Opus.
- The 64-bit zip file includes both the 32-bit and 64-bit DLLs. The 32-bit copy in the x86 directory exists so that you can export a 32-bit version of Opus to a USB stick.
Directory Opus 9 32-bit:
Directory Opus 9 64-bit:
Version 184.108.40.206 (18th February 2011):
- Update to enable the plugin to support USB export on future versions of Opus.
Version 220.127.116.11 (3rd August 2009):
- Small internal change. Unlikely to make a difference but update if you feel like it.
Version 18.104.22.168 (21st May 2009):
- Potential speed-up when viewing files flagged as "slow." (Probably only affects files passed to the plugin from an FTP site.)
Version 22.214.171.124 (29th August 2008):
- Images with 16-bits per sample now have the right depths reported back to Opus.
Version 126.96.36.199 (29th August 2008):
- Initial release.