Audio Metadata & Thumbnails Plugin for Directory Opus
Enables Opus to display metadata for various audio formats.
Directory Opus is a file manager for Windows. Read my guide, Getting to know Directory Opus, for an introduction.
The plugin gives Opus the ability to display metadata and cover-art thumbnails for various audio formats. This is in addition to Opus's built-in support for MP3 and WMA.
Unlike the dMCTags Plugin, this plugin supports 64-bit and does not require any third-party software.
The plugin supports the formats listed below.
Tags & cover-art thumbnails:
- iTunes AAC/M4A/M4P
- Apple Lossless (ALAC)
- Ogg Vorbis
- FLAC and Ogg-FLAC
- Monkey's Audio (APE)
- Speex (SPX)
(For music purchased from iTunes Music Store, the "Encoded by" column shows the name of the purchaser.)
|Directory Opus showing some Ogg and FLAC metadata.|
The Audio Tags plugin is packaged as part of Directory Opus itself but you may sometimes find a newer version here.
Directory Opus 10:
You should already have the latest version of the Audio Tags plugin if you have Opus 10.
(Newer versions of the plugin may be posted here between Opus releases.)
Directory Opus 9:
The latest Audio Tags plugin that still supports Opus 9 should already be on your machine if your Opus 9 version is up-to-date.
(Newer versions of the plugin require Opus 10.)
Directory Opus 8:
You should use the older Ogg/FLAC plugin instead as it works with Opus 8.
The Audio Tags plugin requires features of Opus 9 and will not work with Opus 8.
Directory Opus 6:
There is no similar plugin which works with Opus 6.
Version 220.127.116.11 (31st January 2012):
- Comes with Directory Opus 10.0.3.2.
- Support for Disc Number and Album Artist tags.
Version 18.104.22.168 (30th April 2011):
- Comes with Directory Opus 10.0.0.0.
- Tag and thumbnail support for iTunes AAC/M4A/M4P and Apple Lossless (ALAC).
- Tag support for Monkey's Audio (APE).
- Tag support for Speex (SPX).
- Thumbnail support for Ogg Vorbis and FLAC (in addition to existing tag support).
Version 22.214.171.124 (22nd May 2009):
- First proper release as part of Directory Opus 126.96.36.199.
- This first release of the plugin is intended to replace the old Ogg/FLAC plugin.
- Supports 64-bit Windows/Opus.
- Supports Opus running from USB sticks (i.e. no registry changes).
- Supports Unicode filepaths and tag data.