Raw Digital Camera Viewer
Plugin for Directory Opus
Allows you preview, decode and convert raw digital camera images in Opus.
Directory Opus is a file manager for Windows. Read my guide, Getting to know Directory Opus, for an introduction.
The plugin allows you to preview, decode and convert many raw digital camera formats within Opus. The plugin supports the Adobe DNG format as well as the proprietary formats used by hundreds of different camera models.
The plugin is based on dcraw by Dave Coffin. See his page for the long list of supported cameras. (This list is also visible in the plugin's configuration window.)
The plugin also gives Opus support for a subset of the PNM image format. (PNM support is present more for technical reasons than anything else. Maybe someone will find it useful, though.)
(This plugin is basically a re-write and replacement of the raw support in the old JP2Raw Plugin.)
|Raw image details and preview panel in Directory Opus.|
|Raw image thumbnails and viewer window in Directory Opus.|
|Raw image conversion in Directory Opus.|
One-click batch conversion is also possible.
|Raw plugin configuration in Directory Opus.|
The Raw Digital Camera plugin is packaged as part of Directory Opus itself but you may sometimes find a newer version here.
Directory Opus 10:
You should already have the latest version of the Raw Digital Camera plugin if you have the latest Opus 10 release installed.
(Newer versions of the plugin may be posted here between Opus releases.)
Directory Opus 9:
You should already have the latest version of the plugin which still supports Opus 9 if you have the latest release of Opus 9.
(Newer versions of the plugin require Directory Opus 10.)
Directory Opus 8:
You should use the older JP2Raw Plugin instead as it works with Opus 8.
The Raw Digital Camera plugin requires features of Opus 9 and will not work with Opus 8.
Directory Opus 6:
There is no raw plugin which works with Opus 6.
Version 18.104.22.168 (21st June 2012):
- Included with Directory Opus 10.0.5.3.
- Updated to code from DCRaw 9.15, adding support for newer DNG files and some new cameras.
Version 22.214.171.124 (8th February 2012):
- Included with Directory Opus 10.0.3.3.
- Updated to code from DCRaw 9.12, adding support for some more cameras (e.g. Canon S100).
Version 126.96.36.199 (4th July 2011):
- Included with Directory Opus 10.0.1.0.
- Fixed crash if image loading cancelled just after it was started (e.g. if scrolling through raw images with the cursor keys while the viewer is open).
Version 188.8.131.52 (14th May 2011):
- Included with Directory Opus 10.0.0.2.
- Updated to DCRaw 9.08 code, adding & improving support for various cameras.
Version 184.108.40.206 (1st June 2009):
- Included with Directory Opus 220.127.116.11.
- Added several new file extensions to the defaults.
- Fix for multi-threaded thumbnails not always working.
- Fix for having to restart Opus for changes to the list of raw extensions to take effect.
Version 18.104.22.168 (22nd May 2009):
- First proper release as part of Directory Opus 22.214.171.124.
- This new plugin is basically a re-write of the raw support in the old JP2Raw plugin (which is why the version number has started at 2).
- Supports 64-bit Windows/Opus.
- Supports Opus running from USB sticks (i.e. no registry changes).
- Supports many more camera formats compared to the old JP2Raw plugin.
- Automatic rotation of thumbnail images where available. (The rotation data isn't available for some cameras.)
- Separate configuration for the image converter, allowing you to keep thumbnails and previews quick but do slow, high-quality batch conversions when you want to turn your raw images into a standard format.